IT’S SHOWTIME . . .
COMING SOON: CANMAKINGAFRICA, SEPTEMBER 2019
(LATAMCAN AND CANMAKING NEWS IN PARTNERSHIP)
There are, as usual, plenty of trade shows coming up in 2018 from which to take your pick. We’ve already seen the Paris ADF&PCD in January and February, and this month’s feature reports on the highlights in more detail.
Clearly, trade shows offer great opportunities for networking, inspiration, and showcasing products and services, however, although you should consider them to be a valuable investment, they are expensive – not surprisingly given what’s on offer – but how do you know which to choose?
Serial entrepreneur, Patrick Hull, contributor to Forbes magazine says choosing the right trade show is key and has a few tips to help you decide:
- Identify potential trade shows to attend by asking peers where they exhibit.
- Research what your competitors are doing too. If it’s something they’re investing in, it might be worthwhile for your company. You’ll get some intel on what they’re up to.
- Consult various trade associations to ask about their shows and other venues they’d recommend for a specific industry. Trade associations can be a great resource because they’ll have a deep understanding of your business segment and market.
- Scrutinise the attendee list. Request a list of the attendees and study it before a trade show. Identify people you want to get in front of and even reach out to targets in advance of the show to invite them to breakout meetings or dinners. When reaching out to someone, find a way to differentiate what you are offering and do something special. The offer must be enticing because attendees get bombarded with offers.
- Network, network, network. When you’re at a show, bring a few people, if you can, so you have time to network during the conference and walk the exhibit hall. Trade shows are great places to meet others in your industry and explore partnerships. Of course, you’ll want to spend some time at your booth, but if you’re tied to it you’ll miss other opportunities at the show.
- Devise promotions that will provide a wow factor and get people talking. Be creative and adventurous. Standard giveaways simply aren’t going to do it.
- Among the most important considerations is your return on investment (ROI). What’s great about trade shows is that there are lots of ways to measure ROI. Qualified leads, sales, traffic at your booth, follow up sales, etc.
Which brings us to LATAMCAN and details of their next conference, which will take place at the award-winning Hilton Mexico City Reforma Hotel on 20-22 February 2019. You’ll be able to find more, how to register and how to get fantastic discounts in our News In Brief section. LATAMCAN has chosen quality over quantity and decided that, rather than exhaust the trade show circuit, it would be more circumspect and only hold its conference 3 times in a 4-year period, thus giving entrepreneurs the chance to complete projects and bring new products to their stands and help suppliers with the heavy burden of so many conferences around the world, every year.
The next show Canmaking News will be attending is the International Metal Decorators’ Association conference at the Hilton Chicago in May.
Here’s a brief run-down of some of the other shows and events you might be interested in this year:
28th – 29th
ADF Shanghai, China
12th – 13th
Metal Packaging Europe AGM and Conference, Ireland, UK
23rd – 25th
CRUs 23rd World Aluminium Conference, London, UK
8th – 11th
FoodTech Barcelona 2018, Barcelona, Spain
15th – 18th
Cannex and Fillex Asia Pacific, China
BAMA Innovation Day, UK
23rd – 24th
IMDA, Chicago, US
6th – 7th
ADF New York, US
TWEETS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED
Yippee it’s #takeawaynight! Once you’re finished munching, just wipe or rinse your #aluminium #foil trays ready for recycling, it’s so simple! Take a look at our brand-new film to help you. #endlesslyrecyclable #aluminium #foil http://ow.ly/X2dA30ioOk4
Join Manette Snow, vice president, diversity & inclusion, and John Hayes, president, chairman, and CEO as they discuss how far Ball has come in the past few years in diversity & inclusion and what Ball needs to do to make it to the next level. http://ow.ly/Yauz30ifiMY
Every Can Counts
If you have 30 employees working for your organisation AND recycle 1,800 cans per year, you could save enough energy to power 1,800 days of powering a 11w light bulb! http://ow.ly/ENTq30ieFc8
Congratulations to our first Every Can Counts – Green Can Award winners of 2018 – Go Green Project @EJF_Kiddy they have had great success utilising the Every Can Counts programme, check out their website http://bit.ly/2nHkmkj #everycancounts#greencanawards
If you have some great news about your company or your products – let us know at email@example.com and we’ll shout it from the Canmaking News rooftops.
Get full access to the site and the latest industry news and insights delivered straight to your inbox – free. Canmaking News will keep you informed through our weekly news alerts.