Latest

First for canmaking news

1721055916.51657_baosteel_alcircle_0_0

Baosteel Packaging plans to produce 800 million aluminium cans at its upcoming facility in Long An

Shanghai Baosteel Packaging has unveiled plans to establish a state-of-the-art aluminium two-piece can production facility in Vietnam’s Long An province. Long An is a province in the Mekong Delta region of southern Vietnam. With an investment totalling around 525 million yuan, the facility is slated to achieve an annual production capacity of 800 million cans.…

SONY DSC

Colep acquires entirety of ALM

Two years after acquiring 40% of ALM, SL, Colep Packaging executes the purchase of the remaining 60% of the Spanish aluminium aerosol manufacturer. With this operation, Colep Packaging acquires the entire share capital of ALM and reaffirms its ambition to grow in the aerosol market. In 2024, ALM is expected to achieve sales exceeding 16…

Sustainalytics_with-text_Big

Crown ranked top in its category in latest ESG Risk Rating

Sustainalytics has ranked Crown Holdings at the top of the Containers & Packaging category in the latest ESG Risk Rating, an industry-wide assessment of corporate sustainability performance. After receiving positive marks across multiple areas of measurement, Crown leads its peer group of 105 organisations and represents one of only 3% of more than 16,200 assessed companies…

Terra-Aqua-750x375

Terra Alloy raises over $10million to fund recycling efforts

TLG Capital, a leading alternative investment firm, has announced a US$ 10 million structured private credit facility designated for climate financing for one of Nigeria’s largest aluminium recyclers. The deal is in collaboration with Wema Bank, one of Nigeria’s innovative financial institutions and the pioneer of Africa’s first fully digital bank, ALAT. According to TLG…

Diet-Coke__FocusFillWzk0MCw1NzUsIngiLDQxXQ

Diet Coke launches personalised cans

Diet Coke has announced that from early July, shoppers can pick up a personalised can or bottle, to truly enjoy their Diet Coke break, their way. A selection of over 150 personalised Diet Coke cans and bottles are available from July to September – and for shoppers’ whose name isn’t already on one, there are…

lowcarbalumnj

Aluminum Association expresses support for U.S., Mexico joint efforts to rein in unfair metal trade

The Aluminum Association applauded a plan announced by the United States and Mexico to combat the impact of unfairly traded aluminium in North America. Under the agreement, aluminium products smelted and cast in Belarus, China, Iran and Russia will no longer be permitted to enter the United States under the Section 232 exemption that Mexico enjoys as…

Oh CANada! Clearly Canadian has added 6-pack Sleekcans to its growing product portfolio. In addition to the Clearly Canadian iconic blue glass bottles, the Company recognized a consumer opportunity to expand into 6-pack Cans to offer their fans better value and new usage occasions to enjoy the brand where glass breakage is a concern. The 6-Pack SleekCans are available in Clearly Canadian's iconic “Originals” and new “Zero Sugar” flavours.

Clearly adds SleekCans to its portfolio

The Clearly Food & Beverage Company is now offering 6-Pack SleekCans in their iconic “Originals” and new “Zero Sugar” flavours. Fuelled by a fan-led online crowd-funding campaign, the cross-border cultural staple of the 90’s made an incredible comeback completely led by their beloved consumers. The demand for the iconic glass bottles exceeded all expectations and…

Company Focus: Aetek UV Systems provides pioneering UV solutions

Aetek UV Systems, a division of American Ultraviolet, stands at the forefront of UV technology innovation within the canmaking industry, catering to the evolving needs of manufacturers worldwide. Established in 1960 and part of American Ultraviolet since 2005, Aetek provides custom solutions to successfully cure UV inks, varnishes, laminating adhesives and coatings. Over the years,…

britvic-brazil-slim-tonic

Carlsberg agree to acquire Britvic for $4.2 billion

Carlsberg has agreed to buy British soft drinks maker Britvic for 3.3 billion pounds ($4.23 billion), a move the Danish brewer said would forge a UK beverage “powerhouse” and that sent both companies’ shares higher. Carlsberg clinched the takeover with a sweetened bid of 1,315 pence per share – comprising cash and a special dividend…

ArcelorMittal

ArcelorMittal trial game changing CO2 recycling technology

ArcelorMittal and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd. (MHI) are working with a climate tech company, D-CRBN, to trial a new technology to convert carbon dioxide (CO2) captured at ArcelorMittal’s plant in Gent, Belgium into carbon monoxide which can be used in steel and chemical production. This is the first industrial testing of D-CRBN’s plasma technology, making…

INX International


IMPDA


PERM Logo


Belvac




Canned Water 4 Kids




LatamCan Side